Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore and populate distant planets. Build up thriving and profitable colonies on a global scale and trade resources and goods into space.
Expansion & Research
Raise great cities and satisfy their appetite for resources by building power plants, farms and factories. Dig for ideon crystals, pacify riots, research technologies and constructs and maximize your growth while maintaining a healthy ecosystem.
Allies, Threats & Enemies
Get ready to deal with threats like asteroid strikes, twisters, wild fires, volcanoes and rising sea levels. Fend off space raiders and alien investors. Coexist and trade with natives, merchants and hostile colonies.
Capitalist Space Age
In 2048 huge corporations have divided Earth among themselves and exploited its natural resources to a large extent. Now the discovery of ideon crystals allows journeys into space, while technologically and ideologically almost everything remains the same. The laws of the market are being spread into the universe.
Growth vs. Ecocide
You will experience a massive conflict between the profit goals of the interstellar corporations and the need to preserve living conditions for your people. Exhaust emissions and ground pollution impact the global climate as your colony is growing. Increasing temperatures melt down polar caps and your colonies are destroyed by rising sea levels.
Competition and Economic Warfare
On each discovered planet a competition for economic dominance breaks out. To expand your colony as fast as possible and overcome your opponents you exploit the freely available fossil resources and minerals. Additional money is provided by selling shares of your colony. Take over opposing companies by buying up their shares.
Trade Resources and Technologies
Merchants and technology traders organize the interplanetary trade and will happily buy all minerals and resources you extract from your territory while selling expensive technologies. The same goes for cooperating colonies and alien tribes that live on some of the planets.
“Imagine Earth is a refreshingly streamlined and charming approach to civilization sims – and one with plenty of room to grow as it wades through Early Access.” – Austin Wood, GameZone.com
“The demo is quite charming… There’s already evidence of a decent game” – Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
„Oh, and don’t let the cutesy graphics and streamlined interface fool you; Imagine Earth can be a most demanding beast.“ – Gnome, Indiegames.com
- Global and real-time world experience instead of playing on limited square maps.
- Fully playable and story based campaign with 7 planets / missions.
- Freeplay mode with a procedural planet generator for endless worlds and challenges.
- Competition mode for matches against up to 4 AI corporations per planet.
- Planet Editor for terraforming, building and customizing individual planets which can be saved and shared.
- Development of over 30 colony buildings with individual upgrades.
- Global simulation of local pollution and worldwide emissions.
- Threats and disasters: Chemical spills, oil slicks, radioactive contamination, wild fires, tornadoes, volcanoes, dying forest and growing deserts, alien and robotic invaders, etc.
- Melting polar caps will raise sea levels and flood your coasts in case of global warming.
Climate change is apparently a widely underestimated threat, as well in computer games. The idea behind Imagine Earth is to put the most serious problem of latest human history into a thrilling and motivating game flow. In that context the game is an experimental world simulation that might turn into a climate survival thriller.
Imagine Earth directs this quest for balance to the player. What would you do if you where in charge of a global civilization? Imagine Earth wants to offer the biggest possible amount of freedom of choice to players so they can find their own answers and development strategies.