Imagine Earth is a real-time world simulation.
Your job as a colony manager is to explore and populate distant planets. Build up thriving and profitable colonies on a global scale. Trading your harvested resources and produced goods is part of the plan. But you’ll have to deal with threats like meteorite strikes, twisters, wild fires and alien raids as well. Coexist and trade with natives, alien investors and hostile colonies, dig for ideon crystals, pacify riots and establish the perfect balance of production and consumption in order to achieve a faster growth rate than your opponents. Other colonists will come and soon a competition for economic dominance off the planet is breaking out. You can get building loans any time by selling parts of your colony and buy up the shares of others.
Raise great cities from the ground and satisfy their growing appetite for resources by building power plants, farms and factories. You will soon encounter the conflict between the profit goals of interstellar corporations and the need to preserve the living conditions for your people. As your colony grows its problematic impact on the planet in terms of exhaust emissions and pollution is increases as well. The challenge is to deal with whole planetary ecosystems and their natural limitations in fossil resources and environmental resilience. Do research for renewable energy sources and develop sustainable production lines to avoid overgrowth and climate collapse. Otherwise polar caps will melt and a rising sea level swallows your cities… Can you prevent tremendous desolation and lead your colony into wealth and prosperity?
- Play on a globe instead of a map
- Campaign with 6 missions and planets introduces into the gameplay
- Goals guide you through the expansion of your colony
- Development of over 30 colony buildings with individual upgrades
- Global simulation of local pollution and worldwide emissions
- Disasters: Chemical spills, oil slicks, radioactive contamination, wild fires, tornadoes, volcanoes, dying forest and growing deserts
- Melting polar caps will raise sea levels and flood your coasts in case of global warming
- Sandbox mode to generate and edit your own planets
- Competition and Free Play mode let you build your colony in a race against AI players or for yourself.
Climate change is apparently a very underestimated threat in computer games. The idea behind Imagine Earth is to put the most serious background of latest human history into a thrilling and motivating game flow. In that context the game is an experimental world simulation or a climate survival thriller. It directs this quest to the player. What would your civilization end up like and what could you do if you were in charge and no one else around to blame? Imagine Earth offers the biggest possible freedom of choice to the player so he can find his own answers and development strategies.
“Your decisions will most likely lead into states where you have to rethink your whole way of playing!” – Jens Isensee, Design & Graphics
“Exploring the balance between growth and sustainability is the key to success in this game.” – Martin Wahnschaffe, Design & Code
„Oh, and don’t let the cutesy graphics and streamlined interface fool you; Imagine Earth can be a most demanding beast.“ – Gnome, Indiegames.com